Join the ERO Team
ERO is continually interested in finding dedicated professionals who can help grow our company! We are looking for passionate individuals who share ERO’s commitment to finding successful solutions for our clients’ environmental challenges. ERO offers excellent benefits that include paid time off and holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a discretionary profit-sharing program.
If you have the drive, education, technical and problem-solving skills, and work experience in one or more of our service areas, please feel free to drop us a line, and include your resume, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Wanted, Cultural Resources Seasonal Technician: Colorado based fieldwork
May 18, 2020
Office Location: Denver, Colorado
Cultural Resource Technicians assist in the identification, evaluation, and treatment of cultural resources. Technicians are responsible for applying technical skills in archaeology to assist project managers and senior level staff with all tasks related to fieldwork and reporting in the cultural resources department. This is primarily a field position and is seasonal. Applicants for this position are expected to be physically capable of performing fieldwork tasks associated with survey, testing, and excavation. Employment may be extended beyond the field season if mutually agreeable.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or related social science field
- An accredited field school certification is preferred
- 3 months of applicable experience, with preference for Colorado-based experience.
The project areas may be located at high elevations in rugged terrain. Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of fieldwork including strenuous hiking with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day, collecting digital data, completing standard resource forms, performing in-field artifact analysis, and taking photographs.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities, Skills and Abilities
Cultural Resource Technicians will conduct these tasks safely, independently, and efficiently under the immediate supervision of a crew chief, field director, or project manager. Must be able to work variable hours, long days, early mornings, holidays, and weekends as the work dictates. Overtime is likely during periods of extensive fieldwork and will be compensated at time and a half. Expected field duties include:
- Support crew chief, field director, or project manager with all requested field tasks
- Follow Safety Plan and guidelines
- Drive company vehicle to project site, sometimes in 4WD situations
- Collect digital and spatial data with tablets, digital cameras, and GPS
- Complete digital or hard copy field forms: state site forms and artifact analysis forms
- Hike and survey with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day
- Assist with testing, including excavation of 10 or more shovel tests in a single day using hand tools, shovels, lifting 50 pound buckets, in-field sediment analysis, and screening.
- Record accurate, detailed notes, digital photography, and mapping.
If you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and resume describing your education and experience to email@example.com by May 29, 2020. PDF format required. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references. Successful candidates will be required to submit to a drug test and background check after the interview process is complete.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply.
For more information about ERO Resources, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.