Are you a meticulous and organized professional with a passion for proper grammar and punctuation? Does your copy of the Chicago style guide require tape on the binding?
As a Word Processor/Technical Editor, you will be an integral team member, collaborating with staff to create documents and responses that showcase ERO’s unique strengths and solutions. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at juggling multiple tasks under set deadlines, and have a keen eye for detail, we invite you to bring your expertise and enthusiasm to our team.
For more than 40 years, ERO Resource Corporation’s (ERO) diverse team of scientists, planners, and subject matter experts have worked together to craft innovative solutions within a regulatory framework that balances change in our region with natural and cultural resources protection. Did we mention ERO is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE), and Small Business Enterprise (SBE)?
We are seeking a Word Processor/Technical Editor based in our Denver, Colorado office. This position is hybrid based on needs and project demands.
Word Processor/Technical Editors support the company by reviewing the quality of written materials such as memos, letters, reports, maps, resumes/marketing materials, presentations, proposals, website material, and other text produced for internal or external purposes. This position verifies that document format and content comply with editorial guidelines adopted for the company, including clarity, accuracy, and consistency. Word Processing/Technical Editors develop templates for documents as needed, including letters, memos, reports, cost estimates, and other regularly generated formats.
Word Processor/Technical Editors are required to conduct these tasks safely, independently, and efficiently under the supervision of the Operations Manager, Principal, or Project Manager. Word Processor/Technical Editors are expected to work during regular office hours, and overtime is expected during peak times. Employees in this position are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner in all work settings, representing ERO with respectful courteous behavior and a positive workplace attitude.
- Maintain/revise ERO corporate standards for materials (i.e., use of ERO’s style guide, the Chicago Style Manual, and other client-specific guides).
- Help organize, structure, and order written content for project and proposal managers.
- Review written materials for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and consistency. Correct errors and alert the writer to required edits.
- Complete advanced formatting edits to written materials including, but not limited to, formatting tables, using styles, and adding cross-references.
- Review documents for readability as well as other regulation-specific requirements such as NEPA’s “8th grade level” requirement. Translate complex topics into understandable text, tables, and other written elements.
- Complete special processing required for 508 compliance for federally posted documents in Adobe Acrobat.
- Produce camera-ready documents for print/publication internally or externally.
- Assist with or direct development of mail merge documents/management of mailing lists.
- Assist with maintaining and enforcing ERO’s QA/QC Plan.
Skills, Abilities and Requirements
- Maintain/format Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Develop and update standard document templates including reports, resumes, cost spreadsheets, and web material.
- Consistently review, edit, and correct written materials for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, accuracy, consistency, and format.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to manage databases such as ERO’s contacts/mailing lists and NEPA comment databases.
- Ability to review/manage multichapter and multidocument sets of deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Responsive customer service approach and effective collaboration with individuals across the company.
- Ability to work extra hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information and ethical practices.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma or Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or other relevant degree program preferred.
- Certifications or coursework in relevant subject areas are a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of experience performing similar job duties.
What We Offer at ERO
ERO offers a very competitive compensation package that includes:
- Hourly position with a pay range of $21.63 to $28.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- 10 hours/month paid vacation accrual (separate sick leave bank).
- 11 paid holidays that include office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- ERO pays on average 80 percent of health, dental, vision, and other insurance packages.
- 401(k) and financial planning assistance.
- Generous cell phone, field / office equipment stipend.
- Annual profit sharing and retirement plan contributions.
- Educational opportunities including external workshops, classes, and mentorship with ERO principals.
- Opportunities for advancement, including opportunities for associate and board-level ownership for the right candidate.
ERO encourages anyone meeting these requirements and enthusiastic about joining our team to apply today. Send an email with a PDF cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with Word Processor/Technical Editor in the subject line.
It is the continuous practice of ERO Resources Corporation to encourage inclusion and provide equal opportunities in employment to all employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.