Proposal Coordinator, Denver, Colorado
Are you a meticulous and organized professional with a passion for crafting compelling narratives? Are you skilled at coordinating tailored pursuits and delivering high-impact proposals? As a Proposal Coordinator, you will be an integral team member, collaborating with technical staff to create persuasive responses that showcase ERO’s unique strengths and solutions. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at juggling multiple tasks under set deadlines, and have a keen eye for detail, we invite you to bring your expertise and enthusiasm to our team.
For over 40 years, our diverse team of scientists, planners, and subject matter experts have worked together to craft innovative solutions within a regulatory framework that balance change in the region with natural and cultural resource protection. Did we mention ERO is a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE), and Small Business Enterprise (SBE)?
We invite dynamic and engaged individuals to join our team! Bring your expertise, your ingenuity, and your vision. Let’s see the impact we can create, together. We are seeking a dedicated Proposal Coordinator for our Denver, Colorado office to play a pivotal role in support of our business pursuits. This position offers a hybrid work arrangement based on needs and project demands.
The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for identifying and analyzing requests for proposal (RFPs) and other business opportunities, coordinating the development of technical proposals and statements of qualification, and assisting with additional marketing materials, as needed. This position requires strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse tasks for the pursuit team. This position reports directly to the principal overseeing business development. The Proposal Coordinator works closely with project managers, the business development team, and other ERO staff.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as marketing, communication, journalism, or business.
- Three to six years of professional experience in proposal preparation, marketing, or document production – preferably in the environmental, architectural, or engineering industry.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities
The Proposal Coordinator will conduct these tasks under the immediate supervision of a principal.
- Learn and understand each of ERO’s technical disciplines and project history to tailor project/resume materials to fit location, client, and project type.
- Track and coordinate responses to Requests for Information (RFI) from teaming partners.
- Analyze RFPs, requests for qualifications, and other opportunities to identify specific proposal requirements, deadlines, and deliverables and inform the go/no go process.
- Coordinate concurrent proposals for multiple project managers, often with short deadlines.
- Organize and coordinate the proposal response to ensure submission requirements and deadlines are met with high quality.
- Coordinate the pursuit team through proposal preparation and completion of associated documents including, resumes, project descriptions, organizational charts and other graphics, project schedules, client references, cost estimates, financial information, and other requirements.
- Complete preliminary edits and supervise production of proposal documents (electronic and hard copy).
- Organize and maintain up-to-date content for proposal production including proposal folders, project descriptions, resumes, and references.
- Request client debriefs for proposal wins and losses.
- Assist with tracking pursuit outcomes in Deltek Ajera or similar software.
- Participate in administrative team meetings.
- Collaborate and work with administrative staff on special projects as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills (grammar, spelling, proofreading, and conciseness, etc.).
- Strong verbal communications skills including basic presentation skills.
- Responsive, customer service approach to internal staff and clients.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate, delegate, and follow up with staff across interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of proposal development, and publications development and production.
Benefits and Compensation
ERO offers a very competitive package that includes:
- Hourly position with a pay range of $23.00 to $29.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- 10 hours/month paid vacation accrual (separate sick leave bank).
- 11 paid holidays that include office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- ERO pays on average 80 percent of health, dental, vision, and other insurance packages.
- 401(k) and financial planning assistance.
- Annual profit sharing and retirement plan contributions.
- Educational opportunities including external workshops, classes, and mentorship with ERO principals.
- Opportunities for advancement, including opportunities for associate and board-level ownership for the right candidate.
Qualified applicants should send an email with a PDF cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Proposal Coordinator in the subject line.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.