GIS Specialist, Denver, Colorado
Are you ready to navigate a world of data, maps, and innovation? Do you eat, sleep, and dream in layers, polygons, and coordinates? If you’re someone who can turn geographical puzzles into insightful solutions, transform data points into visual stories, and navigate through geospatial challenges with ease, then you might just be the GIS enthusiast we’re looking for! ERO Resources Corporation (ERO) is seeking passionate GIS Specialist based in our Denver, Colorado office.
ERO is a woman-owned small business with offices in Colorado and Idaho that puts its people first and offers collaboration between diverse environmental professionals, a flexible schedule to maintain work/life balance, and a casual work environment. Our diverse team of scientists, planners, and subject matter experts have been working together to craft innovative solutions within regulatory framework while balancing change in our region with natural and cultural resources protection for more than 40 years. We’re always looking for dynamic and engaged people to join our team! Bring your expertise, your ingenuity, and your vision. Let’s see the impact we can create, together.
GIS Specialists will gather, import, develop, update, analyze, document, and manage GIS assets for a wide variety of projects related to environmental planning, cultural and natural resource management, and regulatory compliance. The position will generate special data/maps for internal use for field efforts; develop draft and final maps for various reports/documents; produce maps and data for proposals and marketing efforts; and export final data for use by agencies, engineers, partners, and other entities.
Employees in this position should have extensive experience working with ESRI GIS Advanced platform (Desktop and/or Pro). Experience with CADD (AutoCAD or MicroStation) platforms is also desired. The position requires a “consultant” approach and service mentality to meet project schedule requirements and demands. The position may require greater than 40 hours per week at some times of the year and may occassionally require weekend work based on project schedules. This position is based in an ERO designated office with an option for a hybrid work schedule based on employee performance, business needs, fieldwork, and client needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, cartography, forestry, geology, earth or environmental sciences, or a related field, plus at least two years of applied experience using GIS in a production environment; or
- Certificate from a two-year GIS program plus at least two years of applied experience using GIS in a production environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with ESRI ArcGIS Advanced platforms (Desktop10.3 or higher and/or ArcGIS Pro.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Experience with at least one CADD platform (AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in digital data entry.
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Effectively communicate with resource team staff to coordinate GIS analysis and project deliverables.
- Independently and efficiently complete all mapping and analysis needs for a project.
- Use GPS software platforms to support field data collection and post-field data processing.
- Use CADD platforms (AutoCAD or MicroStation) to view and process client data and develop client and project deliverables as required.
- Use ESRI and CADD platforms to edit and analyze data and create maps and other deliverables from a wide range of data and file types.
- Complete data acquisition, processing, and editing for all GIS data types.
- Demonstrate knowledge of topological relationships and Spatial Analyst extension.
- Follow data maintenance protocols including file naming, directory structure, and metadata creation.
- Assist with project budgeting and proposal development as needed.
- Complete project tasks and provide deliverables independently, efficiently, and on a deadline.
- Manage GPS field data and provide support files (e.g., background, waypoints, and data dictionaries) to field teams as needed.
- Export project data to format, projection, and tabular specifications of partners, engineers, agencies, and other end users.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of the position requirements, with reasonable accommodation. This position is primarily office based, involves exposure to computer screens, and requires regular use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. Lifting up to 10 pounds may be required; however, the position consists primarily of sedentary work that involves sitting/standing and repetitive motions that may include the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Benefits and Compensation:
ERO offers a very competitive compensation package that includes:
- Salary position with a pay range of $50,000 to $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- 10 hours/month paid vacation accrual (separate sick leave bank).
- 11 paid holidays that include office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- ERO pays on average 80 percent of health, dental, vision, and other insurance packages.
- 401(k) and financial planning assistance.
- Generous cell phone, field equipment, and office equipment stipend.
- Annual profit sharing and retirement plan contributions.
- Educational opportunities including external workshops, classes, and mentorship with ERO principals.
- Opportunities for advancement, including opportunities for associate and board-level ownership for the right candidate.
Qualified applicants should send an email with a PDF cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with GIS Specialist in the subject line.
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.