August 17, 2021
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time/Salary/Benefits Eligible
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
ERO is a Women-Owned Small Business that has consulted on environmental issues throughout the Intermountain West since 1981. For 40 years, our environmental consulting firm has served clients in Colorado and the West with an enduring commitment to quality and integrity. Our diverse team of scientists, planners, and subject matter experts work together to craft innovative solutions that respond to our clients’ resource issues. ERO takes pride in providing services that are efficient, effective, and responsive to our clients’ needs and expectations. We strive to balance development with the natural environment within a framework of legal requirements, agency compliance, and public involvement.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for maintaining relationships with ERO’s existing clients; promoting ERO in our target markets; identifying new job markets, clients, and business opportunities; and marketing ERO’s services. This member of ERO’s team will develop and distribute ERO-branded marketing materials (either electronic or hard copy) across a range of social media platforms, presentations, and events. The Marketing Coordinator will identify, coordinate, and track business development opportunities such as industry-relevant conferences, seminars, trainings, pre-bid meetings, and other opportunities for client contact. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with staff and clients across ERO’s service areas. The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Vice President (VP) of Business Development.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as marketing, communications, journalism, business, or graphic design.
- Three plus years of professional experience preferred in proposal preparation, marketing, or graphics/document production – preferably in the environmental, architectural, or engineering industry.
- Produce graphics for marketing materials and proposals using software such as InDesign or other relevant graphics software packages.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud literacy.
- Manage ERO social media platforms, such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Coordinate with the proposal coordinator and VP of Business Development as needed to develop the ERO brand and market niche.
- Familiarity with environmental and infrastructure issues and projects in Colorado.
This is primarily an office-based position. Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of an office position, with reasonable accommodations.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator is required to conduct the tasks of this position safely, independently, and efficiently under the supervision of the VP of Business Development. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to work during regular office hours, and overtime is not expected. From time to time, extended hours or specific times may be required for conferences and events on nights and weekends, depending on staff availability and workload. The Marketing Coordinator is expected to conduct oneself in a professional manner in all work settings, representing ERO with respectful, courteous behavior and a positive workplace attitude.
The Marketing Coordinator will manage and integrate ERO’s Business Development Plan as part of the expected duties, as follows:
- Maintain existing client relationships through outreach, communication, and special programs.
- Research target markets that expand on current staff capabilities or support company growth into related markets.
- Create new client relationships and assist ERO project managers with expansion into new related markets.
- Contact clients and partners to ascertain their needs and future opportunities to work with ERO.
- Use MS Word, Excel, and (preferably) Deltek Ajera project management software to track client outreach and business development success.
- Coordinate with project managers and other staff on ERO’s long-term contracts, such as On-call, Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity, Blanket Purchase Agreement, and Master Service Agreement contracts; this includes a strong familiarity with the general terms of the contract documents.
- Manage the internal ERO marketing calendar (using the Teams calendar) including conferences, seminars, training, and client-based social events.
- Identify and attend marketing events, conferences, and other opportunities where client interaction is likely; this can be in an individual capacity or in tandem with ERO project managers.
- Manage and track all promotional sponsorships.
- Conduct client outreach to identify upcoming projects and requests for proposal.
- Assist with coordinating client project interview logistics and materials as needed.
- Establish corporate identity elements and maintain standards for promotional pieces.
- Design a variety of marketing and promotional materials around a common theme, look, and feel using a variety of digital and traditional media.
- Co-develop a strategic direction/plan with the VP of Business of Development for ERO and for each discipline in ERO.
- Prepare regular (quarterly or bi-annual) client contact reports that track specific metrics such as number of client contacts, new opportunities brought to ERO, and dollar amounts (if applicable). Metrics will be identified with the VP of Business Development.
- Support ERO project managers with all aspects of client presentations to maintain consistency and highlight ERO’s unique capabilities and experience.
- Develop internal “lunch and learn” presentations to ERO staff to assist with their client networking and marketing efforts.
- Maintain the marketing budget by tracking all related expenses and staying within budgets established in coordination with the VP of Business Development.
The approximate work breakdown for the Marketing Coordinator is as follows:
- 25% of time to conference/marketing budget oversight.
- 25% of time to marketing outreach and opportunity identification.
- 25% of time to graphics (ERO branding materials, helping with layouts, etc.).
- 25% of time to communications (social media, website, and internal and external email blasts).
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to obtain additional training as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to clearly and confidently communicate with clients, partners, and internal colleagues.
- Proficiency with graphics software that is appropriately professional and communicative of ERO’s capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Responsive customer service approach to ERO internal staff and external clients.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and individuals throughout ERO.
- Understand individual staff and specialist roles to effectively communicate ERO’s capabilities with existing or potential clients.
- Confidence working with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to manage business expenses in a thoughtful and responsible manner.
Salary Range $65K – $75K
If you are qualified for this position in ERO’s Denver office, please email a cover letter, resume describing your education and experience, and how you heard about this job posting, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08/31/2021. Adobe pdf format preferred. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references.
ERO participates in e-verify and preemployment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.