Join the ERO Team!
ERO Resources Corporation (ERO), an environmental consulting firm headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is seeking two full-time Cultural Resource Technicians for our Durango office. We are a team of natural and cultural resource consultants with offices in Denver, Durango, and Hotchkiss, Colorado. Our expertise in science and planning provides an approach to the environment that balances development with natural and cultural resources protection.
Cultural resource seasonal technicians assist in the identification, evaluation, and treatment of cultural resources. Technicians are responsible for applying technical skills in archaeology to assist project managers and senior level staff with all tasks related to fieldwork and reporting in the cultural resources department. Applicants for this position are expected to be physically capable of performing fieldwork tasks associated with survey, testing, and excavation. This is a full-time position through 2022 with the potential for employment to be extended beyond 2022 if mutually agreeable.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or related social science field
• An accredited field school certification is preferred
• Three months of applicable experience, with preference for Colorado-based experience
The project areas may be located at high elevations in rugged terrain. Applicants must be physically capable and possess the skills necessary to perform all aspects of fieldwork including strenuous hiking with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day, collecting digital data, completing standard resource forms, performing in-field artifact analysis, and taking photographs.
Performance Expectations and Responsibilities
Cultural resource seasonal technicians will conduct the required tasks safely, independently, and efficiently under the immediate supervision of a crew chief, field director, or project manager. Technicians must be able to work variable hours, long days, early mornings, holidays, and weekends as the work dictates. Overtime is likely during periods of extensive fieldwork and will be compensated at time and a half.
Expected Field Duties
• Support the crew chief, field director, and project manager with all requested field tasks
• Follow the Safety Plan and guidelines
• Drive a company vehicle to the project area, sometimes in 4WD situations
• Collect digital and spatial data with tablets, digital cameras, and Global Positioning System units
• Complete digital or hard copy field forms (state site forms and artifact analysis forms)
• Hike and survey with a backpack in rugged terrain up to 10 miles a day
• Assist with testing, including excavating 10 or more shovel tests in a single day using hand tools and shovels, lifting 50-pound buckets, and conducting in-field sediment analysis and screening
• Record accurate detailed notes, digital photography, and mapping
Expected Post-Field and Office Duties
• Unload and organize equipment
• Upload or transfer all field data, as directed
• Enter site form data into ERO’s Microsoft Access site form database
• Assist with completion of resource documentation, as directed
• Perform artifact washing, flotation, data entry, artifact analysis, artifact curation preparation, and other duties, as requested
The hourly wage range is $19.00-$22.00, commensurate with experience. ERO offers a very competitive compensation package that includes 10 hours/month paid time off (PTO) accrual (ERO provides additional PTO by closing our offices between Christmas and New Year’s Day), seven holidays, sick leave, compensation time, health and dental insurance (10 percent employee contribution), life insurance, long-term disability, annual profit sharing, and a retirement (401k) plan (typically 5 percent match). ERO provides stipends for a cell phone and field and office equipment. ERO also offers a flexible work environment with minimum requirements for in-office work and opportunities for advancement, including opportunities for Associate and Board-level ownership for the right candidate. For the right candidate, ERO will consider reimbursement for moving expenses.
If you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and resume in PDF format only describing your education and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone inquiries please; you will receive an email notifying you that ERO has received your application. Only potential candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to provide at least three references
ERO participates in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. ERO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans to apply. For more information about ERO, visit our website at www.eroresources.com.